There are any number of points within a critical IT facility where unseen small problems can develop and lead to much larger and costlier disasters. Monitoring is key to knowing what is happening within your facility and ensuring maximum availability, uptime, and continuous productivity 24-7.
Liebert monitoring tools include:
- Local and remote monitoring
- Battery and IT monitoring
- Leak detection
- Digital input sensors (motion, smoke, beacon)
- USB cameras (night vision or moving)
- SN sensors (modular temperature and humidity)
These allow the user to:
- Detect and be notified of critical conditions for parameters such as temperature and humidity in computer rooms or racks
- Set predefined thresholds
- Export historical data and analyze for trends to help avoid the same issues in the future
- Usability (design & interface)
- Cost effective
- Nform support
Did Last Night’s Storm Affect Your IT Equipment?!
Without the right equipment protecting your data center, it easily could have.
Electroline can help you get prepared for whatever this crazy Wisconsin weather sends your way! We offer the broadest selection of power protection solutions and backup tools in order to help you:
- Avoid downtime and disruptions
- Improve the resiliency of your IT system
- Shorten recovery time to minimize losses
- Eliminate disruptions when new technologies are added
- Cut operating costs with energy-efficient solutions
Be sure you can ride through any power outage by checking your UPS batteries! contact us for a battery replacement or other power protection solutions at (920) 882-1955 or firstname.lastname@example.org
–Click the image above to view the SmartAisle Virtual Walkthrough–
This virtual walkthrough can help you better understand how to achieve higher efficiency and greater control in your data center or server room using proven, integrated solutions from Emerson Network Power. It demonstrates, in a life-like setting, how you can leverage the industry’s highest efficiency with solutions, such as:
- SmartAisle Infrastructure
- Liebert APM with Flex Power
- Liebert CRV Row-Based Cooling
Because these solutions are designed to work together, you’ll be able to ensure your data center is prepared for whatever the future holds.
Emerson Network Power Delivers the Next Generation of Data Center Management Capabilities with Avocent Data Center Planner
New software functionality significantly reduces data center planning and management costs, improves energy efficiency and supports global deployments.
Huntsville, Alabama [January 24, 2012] – Emerson Network Power, a business of Emerson (NYSE:EMR) and a global leader in maximizing availability, capacity and efficiency of critical
infrastructure, today introduced the next generation of Avocent Data Center Planner, an award-winning software solution that enables data center managers to make informed decisions for the
planning and effective management of their data center assets and physical infrastructure. The latest release of the Avocent Data Center Planner is a component of Emerson Network Power’s extensive portfolio of data center infrastructure management (DCIM) capabilities.
Avocent Data Center Planner provides data center managers, who are under constant pressure to control and reduce costs, with accurate and complete information about where their devices and equipment are located, their current capacities and projected growth. This visibility enables data center managers to effectively implement and manage their consolidation, visualization and energy efficiency initiatives.
The latest version of Avocent Data Center Planner enhances the product’s ease of use and simplicity while delivering superior power management, visualization and manageability capabilities. Specifically, this new version provides:
- The ability to gauge “real-world” power usage to more precisely, manage capacity, extend the life of the data center infrastructure and anticipate issues that need to be resolved before an incident occurs. Configured to communicate with other industry products, the next generation management software will provide out-of-the-box support for Avocent PDUs, Liebert PDUs, Avocent DSView 4 and Liebert SiteScan
- End-to-end connection visualization will allow data center managers to capture and view the most realistic, current-state view of the data center. Additionally, when considering a move, consolidation or replacement, the connection data allows dynamic planning and faster approval of proposed changes
- Zone management provides the flexibility and control administers require to operate co-location/cloud environments
- Spanish language support which augments the support for Japanese, Chinese, German, Russian and French
“The ad-hoc data center management tools that were effective in the past are increasingly difficult to maintain in today’s complex environment,” explained Traci Yarbrough, director of product marketing, Emerson Network Power data center solutions. “Avocent Data Center Planner is an effective alternative to legacy management tools because it provides all of the detailed information that is required to efficiently plan and manage the physical infrastructure in one dynamic graphical interface. Customers realize an immediate return on investment because they no longer need to consult multiple point products to make decisions and plan changes. It also builds on our promise of delivering a simple and easy to use DCIM capability.”
Avocent Data Center Planner is available worldwide now. To learn more about Emerson Network Power’s DCIM solutions, visit www.EmersonNetworkPower.com/DCIM